Monday, February 8, 2010

Things I'm reading

I haven't had much time to completely follow all the arts news/blogs recently, let alone write about it, but here are a few things that have been on my radar:
  • The big news this past week was the record breaking price set at an art auction for Giocometti's Walking Man 1. It was such big news that the artwork was actually P1 above the fold in the Wall Street Journal. The most interesting read however was in the Telegraph where they ask if Giocometti is really better than Picasso?
  • Jerry Saltz makes Tino Sehgal's art at the Guggenheim cry. I plan on tweeting about this show and other events happening during Armory weekend March 4th through the 6th. Follow me here.
  • Is Indy actually ready for contemporary architecture? Ball State University architecture professor Michel Mounayar thinks the new J.W. Marriott will help.
  • On a sad note, I don't think I've ever gone to the Indianapolis Museum of Art when this treasure hasn't been on their walls. Losing to the Saints last night in the Super Bowl felt about as good as the time I stepped on a rusty nail, this reminds me of what the tetanus shot felt like.
  • Like many of you, I have long been a huge fan of the Urbanophile (Aaron Renn). If you don't know him yet, be sure to read David Hoppe's Q&A with Aaron in Nuvo and start reading his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment